Tuesday, May 3, 2016

MOTIVATION: YOU CAN DO MORE THAN YOU THINK

Is there something you think you can’t do because you are insecure about your body, your academics, you think others are better than you or there is someone in your life currently discouraging you from taking that big step or decision that may change your life for good? It may be a friend, a family member, a teacher or even a stranger laughing at you from afar.

Guess what?

A lot of great things that have happened today would never have been if people just sat down and thought they would never make it or if people had listened to the discouraging voice of others.

 It was possible for a black man to be the president of the United States of America.

It was possible for man to walk on the moon.

If Alibaba had given up after he was rejected by KFC, there would be know Ali expressAli pay and others.

People may want you to be successful but not more successful than they are. When they realize you have an opportunity to be better than they are, they start discouraging you.

Some things may actually look impossible when you have not tried so lots of people discourage you saying not to waste your time but when you start, you will gradually see progress.
 That is the difference between the rich and poor, those at the top and those below. The people you listen to! Are you listening to the “you will not be able to do it”? The people you listen to play an important role in your life. Let that discouraging voice be your motivation to move on.


The school’s sport coach was looking for females to run 3000 meters race in my school and my best friend nominated me unconditionally because he believed in me. I am not one to look down on myself but I had  never thought of doing that in my life. I ran 400 meters maximum when I was younger but I felt I added a lot of weight and I stopped running.

I told him I wasn't sure I could do it and I had only run once on a standard track. He said it wasn't a problem I could try and if I could only run round once, it was fine.

I doubted myself but I didn't cancel my name off the list. I felt I would be able to run 800 meters and stop.

I told no one about my decision to run because I didn't want any opinion but mine. I watched some YouTube videos about long distance races and motivated myself.

Yesterday I got to the field for my first practice and I started running. I was amazed by what my body was doing. I ran, jogged, walked but I never stopped. I just kept moving until I realised I had run 3000 meters.

Before I started, I thought it was going to be impossible but as I started and ran every lap, I was motivated to move further. I ran 19 minutes. I know it is long but making the first move to go to that field and conquer my fear filled me with joy and the desire to practice more and run for a shorter time next time.

Not everyone has that one friend that will put their names on the list and motivate them to make an effort but you have yourself. Practising will never make you worse so put yourself on that list and make an effort.
You can do more than you think you can!
                                                                                  Lots of love
                                                                                 TEENAH


No comments:

Post a Comment